Thursday 1 August 2013

BACK FROM FRANCE

I have just come back from ten days in France and I've been to the most amazing place! I hope you are ready for a picture heavy post... This place I visited was so full of mystery...
decaying beauty...
...and otherworldly atmosphere...
All I can say, if you ever find yourself near Lyon in France you have to go and see the Museum of Miniatures and Cinema. The countless shadow boxes on display there are the best I have ever seen. For example this attic room:
Or these modern loft apartments:

And of course the stunning work by Ronan-Jim Sevellec!







I had seen his work online before, but being able to almost get into these scenes and photograph the details was such an amazing experience.

And then there was also a room totally dedicated to a collection of miniature objects. Some of my favourites were the perfectly to scale toothbrush (including real bristles!) and the amazingly detailed tools by Adam Pascal.

And right at the end of the exhibition was the best surprise for me - a beautifully messy hippy room!

There are lots more photos on my Flickr. Enjoy!












15 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your post filled with pictures; I'm in awe with this miniature work ! I did not know about the museum and the artist you mentioned, thank you for telling and sharing,
    Hugs, Liduina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, it seems like a place to get a lot of inspiration from ~~ x3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I haven't been there yet but I'd love to go one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I had no idea there was a museum of miniatures in Lyon! Cinema I could have imagined, with the link to early photography. My father lives, some of the time, in Dijon, so this is an extra incentive to visit him!! The roomboxes are amazing, hard to believe they are not the real thing - I love how they are aged and dirtied! Thanks for sharing so many photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! Thanks for sharing these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What wonderful minis! Thank you for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thank you for sharing!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to go there some day!Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Einen der Räume kannte ich sogar, von einem Foto bei FlickR. Aber das glaube ich dir gern, dass dies eine besondere Erfahrung war, es selbst fotografieren zu dürfen. Vom Erleben und Riechen mal gar nicht zu sprechen. Ich freue mich für dich und vielen Dank fürs Teilen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you I will remember that if I get back to France and Lyon, great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow!!! Thanks for the amazing eye candy. I definitely have to add this to places to go list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all these beautiful photos. One day I definitely have to go to Lyon to see the museum.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  14. THanks so much for sharing! I never heard of this museum, though I visited Lyon many times. What a waste......
    I'll have to go there soon.
    Best
    Neomi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here is the investors contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com.  Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete